Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monkey King

This interpretation of the Monkey King was for a bi-weekly drawing jam over at CG Hub. The theme was the actual story "Journey to the West" where the Monkey King is a character in it.
I wanted to do a remix on what he looked like. I changed his staff to a staff-rifle and his headband to headphones. I also interpreted "west" as the western United States, this Monkey King is heading to Las Vegas for enlightenment.

What is funny about this drawing jam is that I finished this a week ago but I had an even better idea last night, one that would show all the other characters from the story. I wont have time to complete my new idea in time but here is the sketch.
This one has waaay more energy and personality than the first one! I will finish it and post it later in the forums.
Post a Comment