Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Monkey King

This interpretation of the Monkey King was for a bi-weekly drawing jam over at CG Hub. The theme was the actual story "Journey to the West" where the Monkey King is a character in it.
I wanted to do a remix on what he looked like. I changed his staff to a staff-rifle and his headband to headphones. I also interpreted "west" as the western United States, this Monkey King is heading to Las Vegas for enlightenment.

What is funny about this drawing jam is that I finished this a week ago but I had an even better idea last night, one that would show all the other characters from the story. I wont have time to complete my new idea in time but here is the sketch.
This one has waaay more energy and personality than the first one! I will finish it and post it later in the forums.

5 comments:

Marco Bucci said...

cool stuff man - I Like the colour in the X-Men post below too! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Unknown said...

Thanks Marco, I'm trying to get consistent with lighting but its taking some work.

Drew Smoot said...

Matching chaps and vest? Johh Wayne Monkey, IMO. Either way good stuff man.

g1toons said...

monkey king one of the best characters out thee you can do so much with this kind of character, nice job

Unknown said...

Thanks a bunch.